Saturday, February 28, 2015

RTB - First Investment Story

Friday, yes, finally, my last working night for this month. How time flies faster than I could keep up with. These couple of weeks has me spinning my butt for a heavy workload. But hey, I am not complaining at all. I appreciate that I am given challenges.At my current status, where I no longer grab overtimes since my hands are full at home and some other things, I still wanted to feel my relevance at work.

Most often than not, they say that married women tend to backslide at work because priorities has changed and all. Yes, I do. My priorities has changed. I wanted to be a full time mom. And because I dream of that, I wanted that my steps to that dream is worthwhile. That I can say that I did my best.

And with some to do list not currently updated due to this workloads, husband and I was able to squeeze a couple of hours the other day. The notice we received was a month old. A letter from the bank where we have gotten our very first investment. A Government Securities (GS) under the RTB (Retail Treasury Bonds).

We open a separate accounts for this on a government bank. I was scared at first to take this but they open at a very minimum investment amount a couple of years ago. 5000 pesos was the minimum amount for primary market during that time. I was super scared to lost a hundred before, but I thought, I am lending the government. I am sure, the government will be there in the next 25 years right?

You read it right. We park our little savings that time for a 25 years tenor. Hey, we are newbies with no knowledge at all to other forms of investments. And the yield, 6.125% only. Imagine, how much we are actually missing comparing to mutual funds. However, we were told that this of investments are risk free. The safest of its kind in the investment market since they are back by the full taxing power of the government.

The payout is every quarter. Not bad though, something's coming in every quarter.

Just sharing. :) God Bless.


2 comments:

  1. RTB is our first investment, too. Buti nga kayo, 6%+ pala ang tubo, yung amin 3% lang, pero 10 years lang sya at every quarter din ang bayaran ng tubo. Maliit na halaga lang din yun. Excited na ako matapos yun para mailipat sa stocks protfolio namin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. curios ako dyan sa rtb na yan, last year ko pa nababasa yan e, matagal na rin pala yan.

    ReplyDelete