Wednesday, March 6, 2019

How To Pay Meralco Bill Using Citibank Credit Card?

Uh-oh!

Yes, I still have my credit card with me until now. I started using one when I started working way back 2005, I think. Like I detailed on my previous post. I am horrible to spending using this plastic cards. Later on in my life, I can say, that finally, I have fully understood how to effectively handle and manage its use.

To this date, I no longer have carry over balance. Had been successful at it for over 3 years in a row now. And it felt so good not wasting my hard earned money on interest and late charges. Instead I am gaining even more by having some rewards points and converting it to purchase on grocery.

Just few months back, I have learned how to pay using credit card to pay our Meralco bill (electric bill).Going to any payment centers and lining up seems a big hassle for me nowadays. What I did was I called the Meralco hotline 16111 and ask if I could pay using credit line instead through online, and they informed me that it will only take 2 to 3 banking days to reflect the payment on their end.

Because I have the Citibank Mobile application on my phone, I immediately, studied how to pay for it. Below are the steps by steps procedure I took to pay online.

1). Check your Meralco Bill. What you will need is the ATM/Phone Reference number. This is the unique code you will have to enter and is located at the bottom left part of the bill.
ctto: google photo

2) Go to you Citibank Mobile app and select the payment tab.Once you selected the payment tab, go to the All billing organizations and choose Meralco.

3) It will take you this page where you will input the ATM/Phone number reference and then hit Next.


4). Enter the amount to pay. You can also add some notes. Hit Pay. Note that on this page, it states that it may take 5 to 7 working days to reflect payment.


4). It will ask you to confirm your payment.

5). When done, the online transaction will state that it is on Pending on the transaction list.


The following day, this will now be reflected as Mobile Bill Payment - Meralco.

Done. Note that, for the Meralco bill, I cannot list it as recurring monthly bill since every month the unique code changes.

Win. win. I get to pay the bill at the comfort of our home with few clicks and I get reward points.

Oh, by the way. I only have one credit card right now so I can only write about Citibank. You can navigate your Credit Card's feature if you wanted to pay online. I hope this helps.

46 comments:

  1. Should I input all the 17 digit atm/phone ref #?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 17 digits po. Thank you for dropping by. :)

      Delete
    2. Its not showing as 17 digit on the bill its only 16 digit should i add a zero

      Delete
    3. Yeah, statement only shows 16 digit.. what to do?

      Delete
    4. Where to add zero? Its always a failed transaction

      Delete
    5. Any answer from the person who started the thread, please?

      Delete
    6. Has this issue been resolved yet? I have the same concern.

      Delete
  2. thank you so much. this is very helpful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding this post this helpful. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, you also have the option of enrolling your Meralco bill in “Citibank One Bill”. This way, your monthly Meralco bill is automatically charged monthly to your credit card. No more hassle of going to your mobile app to pay using the ATM reference no. An added bonus is your earning rewards on your credit card 😊

    And then, of course, you settle your credit card bill on time and in full - it is indeed wise not to be caught paying interest and charges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Thank you for pointing that out. That is actually hassle-free bills payment especially if one owns the place and not into leasing contract.

      Delete
  4. Will i receive points if i pay my meralco bill using the citibank app?
    And my credit card is new does paying my meralco bill using citibak rewards qualifies me on 20k spending for 2 months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late response. I wanted to make sure na tama po yung information na maishare ko sa yo. And below is from Citibank site (citibank.com.ph):

      For BILLS PAYMENT: Effective July 15, 2014, all Maynilad, Meralco, PLDT & VECO bills paid via Citibank Online and the Citi Mobile App will earn Rewards Points, PremierMiles or CEB Points for total charges of up to P20,000 per merchant per statement cycle. Meanwhile, you will earn Rewards Points, PremierMiles or CEB Points for payments of up to P100,000 per merchant per statement cycle for Digitel, ICC, Bayantel, Globe Telecom, Sky Cable/Home Cable & Smart.

      Hope this helps. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the post, really helpful po. Ask ko lang po if may convenience fee itong paggamit ng citibank credit card sa meralco bills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No additional fee or charge from Citibank based on my experience po. Thank you for dropping by po. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this post. I've been inputting the account number and the SIN and both are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello sabi nya po ung ATM phone reference daw gamitin...

      Delete
  7. Wow, super helpful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good day,,
    can i pay meralco bills that is already due? like 2 months unpaid,,
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, unfortunately I haven't tried that yet. I was told by the Meralco rep that posting of payment is around 5 business days. But in my experience, it is usually, next business day.

      Delete
  9. My ref no. Is invalid. I used atm ref no. I redabove its 17digit but its only 16 in my bill.. Where to add zero?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i counted its only 16 digit can you please help me how

    ReplyDelete
  11. i counted its only 16 digit can you please help me how

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why does it say 5 to 7 working days? Really that long po?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must input all 16 number on my reference given?

    ReplyDelete
  14. can i pay meralco bills thatb are unpaid?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi. Is it really 5-7 days processing at citibank before it post as meralco payment? I experienceda i paid at citi app and today is the 5th day. Til now its still a pending transaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I understand your concern. It is showing as pending in our transaction list in Citibank, but rest assured that it went through. I experienced the same. Sometimes Citibank takes a long time to update the transaction list.

      Delete
    2. You have not answered po where to add zero.

      Delete
  16. Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog shine.
    Please let me know where you got your theme. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just used the free theme from blogspot. I haven't tried purchasing my own web.

      Delete
  17. Hi. There's only 16 digits on the ATM phone reference. Should I add zero in the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is a 0 at the beginning and a 0 at the end in my Meralco Bill. So it completes the 16 digits in our bill. What is in yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am confused. Should it be 16 digits or 17 digits?

      Delete
  19. Hey there! I was wondering if you knew if like for example you paid a meralco bill using the citi app and using the cashback credit card, if it would reflect on the esoa the cashback (because it was said that there is a possible 2% cashback when using cashback credit card to pay meralco bills) of your meralco bill payment?

    ReplyDelete
  20. My March billing due date was March 22, 2020 but given the 30 day grace period due to ECQ, can i still pay thru Citibank credit card?

    ReplyDelete
  21. My March billing due date was March 22, 2020 but given the 30-day grace period due to ECQ, can I still pay thru Citibank credit card?

    ReplyDelete
  22. You must input all your Meralco bill's 16 digit ATM/Phone reference no. on Citibank Online AS IS, no less no more. Pay the exact amount and don't round it up. e.g. if you're paying 1234.56 , pay it as 1234.56 instead of 1235.00 as it may cause payment error.

    ReplyDelete
  23. is it 16 or 17 digit for thr ATM reference number>

    ReplyDelete
  24. It always says unable to proceed. But I have all the right info and didn't round off the amount.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It always show unable to proceed. I didn't round off the numbers and entered the 16 digit # but still doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, there is no interest rate or extra charges right if I pay my meralco bill thru may citibank credit card?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pwede ba magpay pa din kahit over due na?? Sino nakapagbtry?

    ReplyDelete
  28. how many months can we pay the Meralco bill that was charged against our citi bank card?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Account no. na lang kelangan para sa Meralco bill. I just paid last week, Dec.24 and it already reflected on my citibank bill today. But I checked Meralco online and it still wasnt reflected as paid. Panay Holiday pa naman, baka next week pa mag-reflect sa Meralco.

    ReplyDelete