Monday, March 2, 2015

February - Spending Less and Less

28 days and they have gone so unnoticed. February, 2015. How it really went by so easily. I haven't got the chance to buy anything for myself. Wow! I am hoping the following months will be the same.

So what have kept me busy that I haven't hit the mall this month or the flea market for that matter? First, I am tired going out after work or before going to work. The workload has been heavy as reflected with my post. I only have few short posts. That when I get home, I just wanted to lie down and sleep. But, after a few minutes lying down, I usually grab my phone and check things out in the province. Then cook a simple breakfast and wait for the husband to come home. Sometimes, I eat alone specially when he has to extend longer period of time.

Second, I don't have any particular I like this month. My husband once told me, 'ang hirap mong regaluhan, wala kang gusto'. Hahaha. What he meant is that I don't really have those 'I want this, I want that' attitude. A chocolate will make me happy. A cake will make me giddy. But no to those high end gadgets, flowers, or other things. So this month, my husband only bought me chocolates and few junk foods which I crave on a PMS as a valentine gift. I begged the husband not to buy me any flowers which he promised not to. The flowers will wilt and the materials used to form the bouquet will add to waste.

Third, I haven't been watching TVs lately so I am no longer in sync with the trends. Hahaha. Added to that,  I have kept away from those few people who wanted to show off a lot. Who talk about the new 'must haves' and the 'new must try' eating venue/staycation and all. I think it had helped me because I know within myself, there is that 'inggetera' feeling. Hahaha. Plus, the social media craze like instagram and facebook. I put myself in lie low mode after I organize the contacts and following list. For me to learn more about contentment, I stayed away at those in the meantime until I can figure out exactly how to deal with it positively.

I am a work in progress. I know. I am willing to learn and change for the good. There maybe humps along the process but I know that I can do it. Things will fall into its right places at the right time.

Think positive. Smile. God Bless. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tama, think positive, ako rin I'm trying my best to stay out of the mall muna, since dun ako lagi napapasubo ng kaskas ng credit card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, anlaki ng temptation sa malls. Sa pagkain pa lang tas mga damit. :D Kaya iwas muna hangga't maaari.

    ReplyDelete