Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Method to Financial Freedom - Part 1

Morning walk. I get the chance to think of anything walking my way home to our little apartment from the 8-hour shift in the office. I got the chance to sort some things in my mind. Thought about the whole day, how it went, and how I can be better later tonight. I have this desire to be at least efficient and effective in my post. The company has now all these rules set up and implemented which can provide grounds for termination. And I do not want that to happen to me to soon. Now that we are preparing ourselves to be financially free.

We need these jobs to keep us going. When our family experience having debts and my parent's can't nearly send us to school, I told myself that I am going to work until my retirement. You see both my parents have been unemployed for a long time now. When our youngest was born, my mother gave up her office job and stayed at home to take care of us. My father went oversea for 2 years. After that, he became a driver. Until he got sick, when I was in college. Our lowest of lowest when it comes to our finances. All four of us were in college and in some point one of us has to give way for the others.

So there it was. Where I am coming from. From the moment I became an employee, I never had a chance to be in between jobs. I keep going as an employee. But these last 2 years, have been a wonderful years of learning with 2014 a real blast.

I understand that family should always comes first. Just like what my mother did for us when we are young. And now, I understand as well, that at this early, I should not give up my work yet. Because, I do not want to tell my child someday that we can no longer afford her tuition fee. Yes, I know, financial literacy is not yet being taught in school. But, to at least land to a decent job, she should have the credentials. I credit my current job status to the university I have attended to. It pave a way at some point to my very first supervisory job.

As I progress to learning more of this financial freedom, and the influence I gathered from the financial blogs I religiously read daily, now I am aiming forward to staying at home looking after my little girl and financially stable. So how can I do that?

I think I need another source of income where I can work at home with flexible time. Blogging may help if it is monetizing or other online jobs. Initially, I have this blog but not yet monetizing.

Traditional business such as a rice retail store. It is generating a small income at the moment. This is a passive income for us where someone takes care of the business.

Other investments such as mutual funds. Yes, these are earning but in paper gains in the meantime.

Husband and I are currently employed and had no plans yet of giving up being an employee. Fine, we are corporate slaves at the moment. And maybe, we can look for greener pasture in the future and eventually let this go when one of our dream of managing a business will come true.

And though we have added streams of income, still if we are not careful with our spending style, I think we are no nearer to our change of status.

Part 2 coming soon. Smile. And God Bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment