Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January - Spending Less and Less

Shopping? Who in the world would not want it? Hahaha. I know every girl in the world just love to shop in every store that interest them. For some, it maybe a stress reliever. For others, just for fun. For a few, they just wanted to spend. And some others, they are just bored and wanted to go out.  Specially, nowadays that there are online shops left and right. So easy access for prepaid card or credit card and even COD (cash on delivery).

However I fast. I started my fasting last year. This was actually included in my 2014 new year's resolution. It's a personal choice not to shop clothes and oh those sandals and shoes. And the women's ever weakness - bags. For now, I only own a sneaker (2013), a rubber shoes (2011), 2 wedges (2013), a flats which my sister gave as a 2013 Christmas gift, and 2 summer sandal - one was bought 2012 pa. For the bag, I have an additional bag last year courtesy of my sister in law as a pasalubong from abroad. Though I am still not using it at this time. Maybe later this year. Hehehe.

At the end of December 2014, my flats and my sandals were broken after those repairs I made. So I could definitely say, I needed new pair. But the frugal me was contemplating until early this year before I finally decided to get a pair of flats. But instead of only one, i got two for 395 pesos only. I went looking for just a pair, and the price is the same, so why not make it two instead. Having two will lessen the daily usage, thus prolonging the life span of the pair.

Last January, my SIL gave a big bag when she arrived home as a pasalubong. Another of great use for me since I travel a lot lately. I have promised myself in 2014 not to buy a single bag and I can get an award for being such a good girl for this.

For the last quarter of last year, as I went through blog per blog, I came across the shopping fast of Miss Edel. Each month she chronicles her shopping fast. I became more encourage. So maybe, since I can't fully fast this year knowing most of my items were now for 'throwback', hehehe, I might as well chronicle the justification of why I bought something new for myself. Maybe, I'll make sense with it. And as of January, I thank those generous people around me who gave me gifts I can use. The only thing I bought myself were two pairs of sandals for 395 pesos only. Think of being frugal.

Just sharing. Smile. :)

2 comments:

  1. Pwede mo ituloy magshopping fast this year, hehe. Kaya naman natin basta gusto natin. Kailangan lang maging motivated. Napansin ko nakaka-motivate kapag bina-blog ang experience at nirereport sa blog ang updates ng shopping fast. I think is ayun sa dhailan kaya naging successful ang shopping fast ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, I super agree to that. I am motivated more when I blog because I know should be responsible with my post. Not just for those who dropped by to read but more so for myself. Last year, ginawa ko na rin pero I didn't get the chance to blog. Thank you, I am inspired by your blogs.

    ReplyDelete