Friday, February 20, 2015

Alms Giving - My take

I believe in giving and helping as shown in my previous post. It is a superficial aid to a long time problem of poverty but at least we share something to someone who are in need. Many of us need someone who can help. And most of us can. There is no small or big help. The word there is help. No prefix.

With the present 'gifts' showered upon us, I know I have to be a good steward of everything I have. No matter how insignificant it is in comparison to what others have. I know I have to share. My mentor often tell me that we have to give back to the society. Because we can be an instrument to someone else's needs. We can be a blessing to others.

We give our tithe to our churches. We support an organization we believe their cause. Because we are blessed in so many ways that we can spread it to others as well. There is no measurement of joy when you know within yourself that you are able to help.

I saw the following verse and thought of sharing in this blog.

6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal;

6:20 but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.

6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21

I know from the very start that accumulating worldly wealth in this world are not something I can carry into the other world. When I die, I will be like the others who turn into dust. And just as nothing.

So why not share while enjoying the journey to financial freedom? Afterall, when we achieve the financial freedom we dreamt and look back how we attend it, we may be disappointed when all we do was hoard money all by ourselves. Plus, when we give, though we don't expect something in return, we are more blessed. And the satisfaction we can feel is nothing to compare.

Remember that we have a life span. Life is too short not to show our worth as unique individuals in our stay. We can always make a difference.

Just sharing. Smile. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tama, very well said, sis!!!
    I also believe in sharing & even with just the little things we do everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Grace for dropping by and for your kind words. Yes, we are all blessed in some forms or another and we should never fail to share it. Afterall, everything in this world is temporary. :)

    ReplyDelete