Saturday, April 25, 2015

Am I Productive Each Day?

As I grow a little older each day, I now notice that what is important to me is being honest with my own self. When I started to write down my dreams, resolutions and goals whether financially or personal, I tend to be more clear with myself. Knowing that self worth is achieving something in private. Yes, ganito pala ito. I never knew that those simple steps of writing down first could make a huge impact on how I view things right now.
 
I guess, another factor is that I am now in midlife. Plus I read more of the financial blogs by anonymous people inspiring me to become better not just in finance but with personal worth as well. And then again, each day I come to realize that I should move forward with all those things I envisioned myself to be. Change comes to it gradually. Before, I would often say that I am going to change. But then, after few days, I am back to my old self again. It's a different thing when I achieve something in private and not broadcasting it via social media or any else for that matter. Happiness within my self, with my little personal achievements. Ganun pala yun.
 
And with that, I can say I am able to utilize a day to achieve small items for the bigger goals in life. This month, I am in a morning shift - from 6am to 2pm. I have more time than ever. I get things done which were long over due. I get to have my 'me' time.
 
I have lots in my to do list, and having some items slashed each week, I think I am more productive than I used to be. Sa dami ng kailangan house chores because I am also a wife of a workaholic, I know within myself, I am satisfied with what I accomplished each day. After the shift, I run the errands, paying bills, doing a little grocery trip (which husband and I used to do but been months since we went to the grocery together - blame it to the hectic schedule of his), having my routine check up, bank trips, and others whichever is scheduled for the day. And I am making sure I am not spending on unnecessary items. Strict budgeting tayo eh. As in.
 
Before going home, dadaan muna ako sa wet market para bumili ng gulay or spice sa iluluto kong dinner, breakfast at baon ko bukas. Right now, I think namamaximize ko ang bigay na 24 hours ni Lord. Yes, we all have 24 hours a day, and it is up to us how we can make good use of it.
 
Nagbabago lang naman ang routine ko, when I am home with my little girl, where I devote all my time for her to make up of the 5-days I left her sa nanay ko.
 
It is a choice. I have never use the word 'boring' for myself since, I am more of the word 'busy'. Note this is just for me, saying that I am bore is like telling myself, that I am not grateful with what I have and that I am complaining when in fact there are a lot of things to do. Whether grabbing a book, doing a hobby, writing, cooking, connecting to long lost friends, and etc. And even the long queue to the dentist, doctor, or a bank, I can find time not to feel bored at all. I have a book, or a notebook where I can write, or my cellphone to clean up with messages, or check my emails. It is a choice.
 
And busy is bad? No, for me, being busy in good terms. Busy because I fill my time with things that I need and wanted to do. Not necessarily turning down an invite because I am 'busy'. But by allocating the time for each aspect of life to accommodate each and everything, family, friends, work, hobby, dates, and just anything.
 
Nothing is boring for me even if it is a routine. Remember the time, when the husband started to have a heavy workload, I have looked for alternative because I just don't want to label myself as 'bored'. And going out, malling and spending is something I have ruled out since I mind set my mind no to spending pitfall. Ganun pala yun. When it becomes a part of your system, it comes out naturally. Less effort na.
 
And so I guess, if I rate my productivity status, scaling from 1 to 10 with 10 the highest, I can say that I am on the 7th. Still a long way to go. But at least, the realizations are a good reminder that I am work in progress.

Smile. God Bless. :)
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment