Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March - Spending Less and Less

Wow, the month of March has ended swiftly than I thought. Honestly, I frequented the mall for the month of March. But I haven't bought anything for myself. (Hooray for me!)

I have spent for a shoes and a polo for the husband though. Remember, I wrote we have a bonus. So I decided to buy him shoes and a polo as his share from my bonus. I was immensely happy seeing him looking for shoes that would fit. The daily usage of his previous shoes has served well its purpose. It was actually a pair we have bought at Greenhills way back 2012. Imagine how worn out it was.

The repairs have prolonged the usage for a long time and now after the rain last last week, it finally gave up.

I also bought my little girl her shoes. My first time to do so, since my mother in law has bought her one last October and after a lot of walking and running, nagopen na yung front. As in, hindi na repairable kasi super worn out na. But, binilhan ko lang siya sa palengke. Ang kuripot ko. Hahaha. Pero kasi the frugal me told me that mabilis lang naman niyang kalakihan. True enough. Kasi yung mga sister in laws ko, binilhan siya when she's a baby pero twice lang niya nagamit since hindi naman kami laging lumalabas. Ayun, nakatago na.

I think being a mom and taking seriously this financial planning and all, I have set my mind that going out to the mall and seeing those fancy clothes, shoes, and bags doesn't really necessary means that I have to empty my pocket or swipe my card. Truth is, it helps that I haven't brought my cards with me or an extra money for me not to trigger the shopaholic within me. And also, that I am full when I went to the mall. Added to that, since we have this crazy schedule (husband and I) I get to check our little space and made inventory to what I have. And yes, I still have enough supplies for myself and I still have many items to let go since it is still sitting in our room unused. I will come to that in a few days.

Other expenses on my part were for the investments which are excluded for this post. Because this post of mine is mainly about the items I bought for myself and expenses beyond the regular needs of the family which was drawn out from my account.
Just sharing this first day of April. :)

God Bless.




2 comments:

  1. When we were kids, mom always had our school shoes "mr. Quickie-ed" so they'd last the entire year. Now, i do the same for my new pairs. Whether it's stitching or rugby at mr. Quickie, pang additional reinforcement lang. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by. Yes, ganun din nung nag aaral kami. 4 kasi kami na sabay sabay nag aaral nun kaya ang ginagawa ng tatay ko, tinatahi niya or nilalagyan ng rugby kapag me sira. Pati sa payong at bags namin. Yung mga damit naman, kapag me punit, tinuruan akong magtahi, aside sa stitching lesson nung grade 5 kaya iniaapply ko pa rin yun till now. :) Tipid din.

      Delete