Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Holy Week - My Thoughts

I thought of being in hiatus to all social medias including this blog for this holy week. Yet, it came to me this morning to post my thoughts. Almost everyone is on vacation na away from the city life. I too, wanted it too before. But as I grow old, I thought that the better way of spending holy week for me is at home. And so, for the last few years except for those times when I have to stay at work because I can not avail the holiday off. In as much as possible even before I have my little girl, I spent it at home.

Now that I have her, the more I wanted to spend it at home with her. I often told her that I will teach her everything I know and she would just stare at me, maybe trying to grasp what I am saying.  Yes, I talk to her a lot and those are the moments I enjoyed when she look at me in the eyes and appears to be absorbing what I just told her.

And just right now, because I haven't been watching tv and reading the news, my colleague just told me that there is a typhoon coming. The news said it is super typhoon and will trace central Luzon either by Saturday or Sunday. I pray that it weakens and disappears. Let us prepare as early as now. Charge those phones and rechargeable lights/flashlights. Prepare those emergency supplies such foods, candles, matches, medicines, and others. Keep ourselves updated with the current typhoon status. And pray.

Climate changes, they say. A typhoon in April. There have been many changes as time goes by. Our ways of observing holy week has changed as well. Let not our faith be one of those changes. Let this week reminds us how Jesus has died for us. For us to be save. Let us remind ourselves His sacrifices for us to achieve salvation.

As we made little sacrifices to finally achieve financial freedom, let us be mindful as well in making sacrifices to achieve eternal life. After all, I read it somwhere, that it won't matter how big our house is, how big our savings account is, our grave will always be same size.

It takes a lot of discipline to work on our financial freedom and so let's take a lot of discipline to achieve our personal worth as well. As I type the word discipline, I keep typing the word 'disciple' so may be it is a remider as well. Be a disciple not only to become financially free but also a follower of Christ.

And just like I mention most of the time, I am  a work in progress in everything. And these are my personal choices and views. I acknowledged that I have a long way to go in everything. And I thank God for all the strength and what I have.

God Bless. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment