Thursday, May 7, 2015

April - Spending Less and Less

Hello, month of May. April was such a wonderful month and though it was the official start of summer and heat is really not much fun, I am thankful I learned something about myself too. As the days go by, I am beginning to see and study my spending habits as well. Thanks to the notebook where I list down my daily expenses.

I hardly had a grasp of the days that went by. But, to be honest, I indulge myself of buying a new wallet that cost me 300 pesos on the first week of the month. And honestly too, I don't have specific reason in mind as to why. I just wanted a smaller wallet where I can carry anywhere. Bulky kasi yung wallet ko na nabili ko pa last 2009. Matibay pa rin naman siya and really worth the price of the leather. Pero, takaw pansin kasi pahaba siyang tignan, so I opted to buy a new one na mas maliit at square size lang.

Truth is after I bought the wallet, I felt a guilt pang. Bakit? Kasi, hindi pa naman sira yung isa kong wallet. Okey pa naman siyang gamitin pero bumili pa rin ako. I know within myself na want lang yun at hindi naman talaga need.

After 2 months na wala akong nabili for myself, ang nabili ko naman is something naman na hindi pa naman talaga kailangan. So maybe the 2 months of not buying something for myself gave me the  feeling to reward myself afterall. And this is not a good sign. I have managed not to shop when I felt little stress or burn out as seen on my previous posts even though I frequented the mall. And this I have to take note again. Like what I often say, I am a work in progress and April taught me  to better understand what are my wants and needs. How to spend my income as an employee.

The good news for myself is that at least, I am able to ponder about it and had stopped making excuses of my purchase because all I wanted is to be honest with myself. And next time, I will be reminded of this month not to make any new impluse purchases. I think I should consider the $3 Mcdo meals of Pinas for Good, where I can indulge myself to something so as I will not feel being deprive of anything and not result to being an impulse buyer. I will see. For the meantime, it is a thought hanging.

I am thankful, though I make mistakes sometimes (I acknowledged that), I am learning as well. As I am aiming for a bigger picture in the future, I am glad I am able to determine what are actually my needs and wants. Dati kasi, pakiramdam ko lahat  na lang needs kahit hindi naman talaga. And that, I have accepted the fact that being honest with myself is to just stop making excuses. And next time to be better in spending my hard earned money. Kasi ang laking sacrifice to be just apart from my little girl and to spend how much of my work hours in the office just to buy those things na hindi pa naman talaga need.

Thank God for this new learning.

Just sharing. :) God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment