Friday, April 24, 2015

Decluttering Again

Yey, almost done. Yes, my parent's house is almost complete. With few more details and they can now move in. Actually they have chosen the date to be on May 3rd. I am excited as they are. I am now visualizing the content of the house. Remember that I wrote the clutter at home. Now will be the time to finally have to let go of few more things so it can fit to the small house I dreamed for them.

The old house was full of unnecessary clutter as I have mentioned. My mother is a keeper, like I said. And I guess I inherited that. But with how things are going right now, looks like in the very near future, I am giving up that treat.

Finally, I was able to set my mind, that things are meant to be use and not keep till they become unusable due to brittleness. Also, that I should only buy what is needed. And for those given to me as a gift, if I am not going to use, should go to someone else who will use it. That I should never have an attachment to things.

Remember that things should be of good use or else it will fail its expected function. So, if it is collecting dust in our home, they are then not maximized. Somebody else could make use of it.
The procrastination to use it will only make it useless for the time being. I know, I use to collect items before and often times tell myself, someday I am going to use this. But then, people grow, people faces changes whether we like it or not and priorities and views changes over time. One item which is important to you today, may not be same intensity of importance tomorrow. So, why not use or work it out today?

Difficult for me, because personally I treasure even receipts of dining out with the husband. Reminds of a date with him. That is how I am emotionally attached to things given to me specially from those I loved.

Learning the art of letting go is way harder that it sounds. I know when you see this thing, we were reminded of someone who gave it to us a long time ago. But then, is it of use for us today? Is it still significant to what we have nowadays? Learn to let it go. Move on. The item may be intact as we remember it, but do we remember when was the last time it was significant to our daily living?

If we still don't want to let it go, then make it useful to us. We'll then realize, "Ay, hindi na talaga kasya sa akin ito". Right. We will see and figure out that no matter how we wanted the same old dress because it had looked good on us for a certain period of time, time will come, when it no longer suit us. The color. Our age. And even our own preference. Same goes through with other things. Those throw pillows because we have a new set of sofas. The high heeled shoes because I have changed preferences to flat shoes. The high waisted pants which no longer fits my waist even after almost two years of giving birth. The blouses. And anything we can find in our closets.
How about those stationery I have kept all along? Because I have visioned before that I will be writing tons of letters to friends. Yes, I am guilty. I have to give them away to my niece who would just draw a bear and colored it.

Those cute scented candles given during Christmas and valentines in high school and college? Remember those bear candles that I wouldn't wanted to light up because they are too cute.
Hahaha. How about those mugs with my picture on it or a group picture in it? And yes, I have lots of stuff toys. But I am having second thoughts for the stuff toys, my little cutie may like it. Not yet this early because of those furs. I have so many things I have to let go.We all need a fresh start if we wanted to at least redirect our current path to where  we wanted to be. And selecting which items should go and should stay have been very difficult.

With the newly built house for my parents, it now can breath from all my unnecessary things. I have been on a strict compliance with my own rules not to add any thing insignificant to our daily lives.

So I am hoping that by May 3rd, after a simple house blessing. The house will remain clean as it looks like today. Aja!

Just sharing. Happy weekend! God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment