Thursday, April 9, 2015

Few Simple Tricks I Do To Save - Part 1

I am not a jack of all trade person, really. However I am glad, at least I have learned some few tricks to help me save.

Last Monday, I am on a rest day, my mother in law asked me if I can bring my girl to the salon for a haircut. Her hair is growing long so fast and this summer heat makes it more difficult for her to handle. So I said, why not? I haven't brought her before to a salon and I am not sure how she would react. As a mother, I became excited for my little girl's another first. Off we went and I am in awe as she welcomed the hair cutter very much in behave. She just held my hand as the hair cutter did his work on her hair. She would glanced at me and back to the mirror and then just obeyed what she's asked to. And she's just 1 year old. I am in wonder really.

Ok, I side tracked the topic, hehehe. But not really. What I meant, when we entered the salon, I smell the familiar air surrounding the confine room. Looking around, I see the very same common interior. And it sunk to me, that it's been ages since I entered a salon. Honestly, yes! I have my hair trimmed thrice to a barangay hair dresser in the province for only 25pesos. Of course, she didn't shampoo my hair. She only had to sprinkle water to achieve the damp look and then trim. The cost of my little girl's hair cut was 50 pesos. And as for me, I will just have another trim sa barangay next month. Saka na sa salon kapag need talaga.

And since the time I was pregnant, hindi ko na pinarebond yung buhok ko. Bawal sa buntis di ba? After giving birth naman, ayoko naman na maamoy niya yung chemicals. Plus the schedule doesn't fit anymore. A whole day for a rebond? I opted to spend it to my little girl. Tipid na, mas healthier na yung hair ko without those chemicals. All I need is to take care of it with a shampoo, conditioner, and a healthy diet.

And my pedicure is done by yours truly. Oh yes, I bought a Persian red nail polish for 34 pesos and a colorless nail polish of the same price. I already made 3 cleaning and polishing and I could say it is super worth it. Hindi pa siya ubos. I could make few more polishing from it.

I don't do it on my fingernails because I do the laundry and I cook. So I wouldn't like any chip nail polish on it. Plus, when I am home, I prepare my little girl's milk. Basically, no manicures for me.

You read it right, I do the laundry. Before, I don't. I pay 27pesos per kilo and the minimum is 3 kilos per transaction. And often than not, I do not meet the 3 kilos minimum and yet I got to pay 81 pesos. Sayang di ba? So, now I just allot a day in the week for the laundry. I just need laundry soap and detergent which we bought in bulk. Mas tipid. And the sunlight. Yep, sunlight so it won't smell bad. This way, I do not need the fabcon. It's a different story when it's rainy days. I really need the fabcon during those days.

I don't iron our clothes as well. Unless, it's a very important occasion such as being a guest  speaker that I need to iron out the crinkles in my outfit and the like of it. Otherwise, just a smooth fold.

Basic sewing, yes, I do that too. I am glad the elementary home economics taught that to us. Well, aside from the home teaching. Since I do the laundry and the folding, I am pretty sure which clothes needs mending. I just segregate those and find time to do the stitching. Sayang kasi kung gagawin ng basahan or itapon kung pwede pa naman.

I love cooking however it looks like it's a one way street. Hehehe. Just the same, I still do it and learning few more simple recipes. We save a lot by cooking our meals and eating at home. Specially, if the ingredients were brought from the wet market.

For the meantime, these are few of my ways to save. I'll share more of the do-it-yourself methods I apply to save more.

Good vibes. God Bless. :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't iron clothes, either. Kaya love ko ang mga wash-and-wear type of clothing. At bumibili rin ako sa wet market although recently, napapadalas ang pagkain namin sa labas (need to work on that aspect!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Edel, yes, nakakatulong talaga sa savings ang pagbilli sa wet market, yun lang need mo talaga medyo mabusisi ng onti kasi minsan kulang sa timbang...hahaha. saka yung ibang gulay, asa gitna yung me sira. I learned from all these... dati kasi dampot lang ng dampot sa wet market, hindi pala dapat ganun. hehehe...maganda rin na me suki...bukod sa discounts eh alam na natin na maayos ang ibibigay sa atin. :)

      Delete