Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Where Did My Bonus Go?

Wondering why I haven't post any new topic about investments and all? Well, I am trying to figure out how to write the ventures we have come up with. Suddenly, I decided to just write it in a short sweet sentence with no further elaboration.

Last payday, the company gave our bonus. Yes, end of February is the bonus month for us since we are following a fiscal year. I am happy with what I received. It's a gift. It's a blessings. I decided to divided a portion of it to my family, my husband's family and the church. I am in joy. For the first time in my life, I have given the church a little bigger than I used to give. I am glad I have learned about the word tithe. Honestly, I wasn't taught of that exact word at home or in school or even in my environment. I only have came across it via all these financial blogs and finally enlighten about it.

And the rest of the money with the addition from the husband? It went directly to investment and a new income generating venture.

We added a small amount to the educational fund of our little girl.

We top up an amount to one of our source of our income. Top up means additional income for us.

We just signed up a 2 year contract for a rice farm lot. We intend to keep the income from this source for the plan apartment, and we will actually see how it will go along the way.

And just last night, a friend of mine told me they are opening a piggery business by 3rd quarter and currently under feasibility study. We might shell out a small amount. We'll see if after studying more about this agriculture venture will actually yield a positive results. For the meantime, I will have to read more and research more about this topic.

After all those, I told my husband, 'hindi ko man lang nahawakan yung bonus ko'. He said, it's ok, this is for us. We are delaying our gratification for our children's generation. Because you know why the rich continue to work even when they already are rich, they are working for their next generation's generation. Makes sense.

The next goal in our mind is to teach and show the the next generation how to properly manage what we have earned hard to build.

God Bless. Smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment