Sunday, January 4, 2015

Children's Christmas Party 2014 : The Giving

Hello 2015. A wonderful holiday indeed. And I just got the chance to write today. I have mentioned in one of my blog that a children's party was in store for the holiday and that one has kept me a little busy during the holidays. I could say that it was a blast with parents who enjoyed the party as well. Well, i credit it too to those thoughtful and generous donors who shed some prize money for the kids' games and even for the parents.

When I was in elementary I used to organize the christmas party every year until during my 4th year in high school. Yearly, nangangaroling kami (my siblings and cousins) for the christmas decor and the props for the games. We solicited to those working class that time for the prize money. And I asked my parents to shoulder the merienda and food prizes. Mainly because, the children can hardly afford the presents for the exchange gifts, how much more contributing for the merienda and the needs for the party. I remember as the years go by, the children who wanted to join grows in number. And it was a fulfilling feeling, seeing the excitement, fun, anticipation, and joy in their faces.

And I got busy as an employee with no enough holiday vacation the following years after college. And yes, no christmas party afterwards. The kids grew up and have been tied up with all other priorities. Nonetheless, the next generation tried once organizing but never had the chance again for another one. And now that i have my little girl, I just wanted her to experience those feelings. The gift of giving even it is a small one. The feeling of receiving unexpectedly. The thought that someone out there cares and thought of you. The sight of sweet surprise smiles on their faces. And the joy reflected on their eyes.

That day, 29th, with the real cool December breeze, some kids showed up with gifts, others none but that was just fine. The gifts price? It's something to eat and only about 40 pesos. They all enjoyed the party with games following right each one has a declared winner. The prize? A lollipop. Hehehe... And sometimes a 20 peso bill. They dance, sings, and laughs. Merienda was served. Chocolates and candies and even coins were given. Hahaha. Of course, kapag pinapasaboy na ang coins, separate ang big boys and girls sa small little ones. It's a must for safety purposes. Ganun din sa parents. It was a wonderful sight. I can say, next year, isa pa. And we all have Someone to thank above for making the Christmas party possible.

Trivia: The chocolates and candies were from the exchange gifts at the office. Instead of asking something for myself alone, I asked in my wishlist for chocolates and candies instead. The sandwich bread were purchased at a factory price with a bonus of another loaf.

I wish to show pictures but unfortunately I don't have a laptop or a computer. Someday, when the budget permits, i am going to update this blog with pictures.

Cheers to 2015. :) Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment