Friday, January 30, 2015

Not Eligible for Sick Leave

Ok, last time, I wrote how exhausted I was from last week's meet ups and now ripping the fruits of it. I am down with colds, coughs and fever that I had to notify my immediate superior last minute that I can't report to work. My first sick leave in 7 months.

It just proved that I am human and needs rest, right? Though I think I am not eligible for sick leave because of the many workload, still I have consumed one. Leads me to think that I might need to go to the doctor later since I should be healthy by the time I get home to take care of my child. Glad the company has a health care provider who takes care of this type of situation. What if we have none? Then I may be shedding something from the emergency fund. I think one of the factor we should always consider in looking for the next job is the offer of health benefits. It will save us a lot knowing the company takes care of this.

My attendance has been perfect for the last 6 months, basically, one of my resolutions for my personal development. As I grow older, I realize these things that is why one of these is to always adhere to the company rules. And it may not have good rewards or not being notice by management, my personal satisfaction is gratified.

For now, let me take this much needed rest. Hoping this fever will go away. Take care. Health is wealth. And with this weather, we have to take extra precautions. Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing so virus won't spread. Wash your hands regularly. Have a standby hand sanitizer. Eat more fruits and veggies. Drink plenty of water. Grab a sleep whenever you can so you can recharge. And never forget to pray for the strength and guidance.

And don't forget to smile. It's contagious. Brightens someone else gloomy day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment