Sunday, December 28, 2014

Paano pa ba kami nakakatipid?

Finally, I am home with my little girl. Such a sweet smile when she saw me alighted from the bus yesterday  afternoon. She is actually beaming with pride with the priceless smile painted on her lips. What a precious sight. Indeed she missed me after five days working away from her. If given a choice I would always wanted to be a stay home mom to personally attend to her in everything. But then, the situation itself is teaching us a very important lesson in life - the true sense of sacrifice.

So bakit hindi na lang namin siya dalhin dun? In the first place, husband and I are there. Well, we have so many considerations to be bother upon.

  • First, a house or maybe a safe place to stay. Metro manila is metro manila. And don't forget the exaggerated pollution.
  • Second, yaya. We all know how difficult to find a good one. We have fears especially when we hear news about those nannies who took away babies. I know, i am paranoid. But this is a valid reason for me. My child is my life. 
  • Third, financial capabilities. We do not want for her to move just anywhere else when we can no longer sustain the high cost of living in the metro.Note: For those starting up a family, I must say, please consider financial planning before moving forward. It will help a lot. :)
She is one of the reason why we are working hard. Why we are learning our way to financial freedom  so we can have the next generation be financially aware and equipped with financial knowledge. In that order, they might minimize if not totally eradicate our generation's money matters mistakes.

Right now, these what keeps us afloat in our finances when it comes to our little girl.
  • Diapers are much cheaper in the province. Milk and mineral water as well. Her basic needs. 
  • Vitamins, wipes, antibacterial bottle washing, and others are also cheaper.
  • No diaper during the day. This helps avoid rashes. And of course, tipid din sa diaper.
  • Vaccines are way cheaper by hundreds to thousands in the province. Plus, there is the barangay health center. If the vaccine is available there, we take advantage of it. It's free.
  • Since my mom takes care of her, saves us on nanny's fee. And gives me the unquestionable security that my child is being taken care of well.
  • Hand me downs clothes from her big cousins. Come on, we know to well, how babies grow too fast. She can easily outgrown those new clothes and shoes. Trust me, I gave birth to really a little baby that I cried the first time I saw her kasi napakaliit niya. 
When I was about to give birth, some said to ask my mother how she gave birth to me. They say, it may be the same way. I also asked my mother once who took care of me when I was a baby. She told me that my grandma did because she had to work. And I can therefore say, it is a cycle. Kaya for the meantime, sila muna ang nagaalaga.

So far, ganito muna ang set up namin. And just like I often said, different strokes for different people. A very unconventional set up at the moment but hopefully a better one in the very near future.

Happy holidays! :) Smile.

2 comments:

  1. It's really wise that your mother is taking care of your little girl, iba pa rin ang alaga ng lola.
    Tama ka, mahirap ang buhay ngayon talaga esp dito sa metro manila, konting sakripisyo at pagpaplano talaga kailangan ngayon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaya nga, sobrang hirap. Akala ko nuon, mas madali na dito. Alam mo na, City Rate, pero ganun din pala. Mahal ang mga bilihin dito. Tiis tiis pa. :) Kaya natin to.

    ReplyDelete