Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bolinao Trip and What It Taught Me

The road going to and fro seems endless. With sharp curves. Some smooth and rough portions. Other under construction part. Towns with very busy street we can't hardly move from the traffic jam. But despite all of these, and after losing track of time mainly because I was dying of anticipation, we were able to see the most breathtaking ocean I could lay my eyes with. Patar Bolinao. Ok, hahaha, that's not a fair judgement because I have never been to other places for me to compare how beautiful a place is.

I just thought on our way home that no matter how far our dreams may be, and the destination seems no where in sight, we still have to continue our journey. There are a lot of difficulties along the way and we just have to savor the moment kasi paroroon ka at paroroon if we are only determine to go on. Instead of stopping and turning back once a rough road is seen ahead of us, keep up. And yes, there are detour, either a longer way or a shorter one, nonetheless, it is just to show how big our patience to move on further even though we slow down to targeting our goals.

I am a native of Pangasinan but never had the chance to explore it's own beauty. I must have been busy working and trying to uplift our way of living. Hehehe. But the place, I could not really have the words to describe it. Such a paradise.

From the long journey, we settled to a small cottage. Eat some of our baon and got ourselves ready for a little swim. The king sun is at it's peak and sunblock is a must. The water was cold and sobrang mababaw lang. There is a separate part of the waves and the not-so-still water kaya hindi nakakatakot maligo. There are sea weeds na kapag umapak ka brings you to a mababaw na part and those waist deep part where you can actually float and swim just like in a pool. I love the water and having a dip in the water is one of my much awaited long overdue vacation I needed after giving birth last 2013. So I must say it was an option to get out of the water or not when the heat started to prick my skin. I decided to go back at the cottage then, kumain ulit, and apply another sunblock. We stayed for merely 4 hours including lunch time. And headed home by 2 pm. And my share for this trip? 300 pesos.

Along the way home, thoughts came rushing my mind. At sa akin lang ha. I thought, had I chosen to stay in the water, I could have been sunburnt. At dahil morena na ako,baka paguwi ko, di na ako makilala. Hahaha. No, that's just been part of my thoughts. What came to me, was I made a choice. A decision. Going out, we need budget for gas, food, and accomodation. We keep a separate account for the leisure time. And while spending leisurely, we have the option to stop and save again. Just like the heat pricking our skin while under the sun and enjoying the cool water. Or our choice to get sunburns and crippled or hurts our finances.

Mostly, as I watched the kids playing on the brown sands with little red gems, they were more than tan under the scorching heat of the sun. They do not mind though as they keep enjoying the bay, water, and feeling the breezy cool wind. We can let our guard loose and just go with it. But, just like in spending, there is a time to stop. So we won't feel the burning sensation afterwards. The credit card bills and the empty passbook or atm.

We have to recharge, go back in the cottage, eat and apply another sunblock. We do not have to drain our energy. We have to leave something for ourselves after the fun. And should keep in mind that though nothing substitutes experience, we should be mindful with our expenses and its consequences after that. We do not want to cry and feel the regret right? And just wanted to treasure the wonderful feeling.

Smile. :) Let's start the year right.

No comments:

Post a Comment