Monday, December 22, 2014

How My Goal To Go On Diet is Another Form of Savings For Me?

Earlier this year, I have this new year resolution to go on a diet. Yes, I am one of those who included dieting in my resolution. Hahaha. (So traditional.) Well, after giving birth to my little girl, I have this post maternity weight plus loose belly fats. My target at the start of the year was to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight. 54 kilos at the end of the year. I was around 56 to 56.5 kilos during that time. And I did not intend for any crash diet.

"Hahaha... just 2 kilos?" you may say. Truth is a big yes. Why? One of the reason during that time was I can only walk a block and already felt exhausted with my feet and legs already sore as if I ran a 3k run. I felt like my stamina and endurance has gone down. My knees hurt even for a little faster stride than the usual. And oh my, I am only 33. I thought during that time that when my child started to walk and run that I may not be able to cope up anymore. I wanted to keep up with my growing little girl. To be able to play with her and of course to bond with her with outdoor activities. I wanted her to feel and experience my childhood days. Those days when children go out, meet with others, make friends, play and argue. I remember, when I was child and have colds. Kapag tumulo ang sipon ko, pupunas ko sa suot kong t-shirt kasama ng putikang kong kamay. Once I got home, lagot ako sa nanay ko.

  •  Walking. I started with walking from office to our little boarding house. I can still remember my first ever day walking that far. I think it is around 3km only. Everything hurts that day that I ended up sleeping right away. Each following day was a lesser torment than the first one though. Walking is the only exercise for me being I am a little busy person with an 8-hour job. Besides, gym was and still is not an option for me. First is the payment amount that I have to shed and second is my availability to go to the gym. And as I walked, I regain my endurance. Added to that, I eventually saved my 2-ride jeepney fare. Yey! (Note: There is no direct ride going to and back to work)

  • Fastfood diet. Hehehe. No fries or burgers or pizza unless it is FREE (libre)- that's my mantra. Honestly, been years since my meals was a daily fastfood. Except when I got pregnant. The usual offerings of a fastfood, serves faster (even deliveries). So it was easier for me to grab one and heed to the office. With my mantra, as the year ends, my taste buds has changed its preference to a more healthier food options. It helps that I bring my own 'baon' in the office to keep me away from the stalls around the office area.  Saves me a lot.

  • Grocery list? We have reduced canned goods, instant noodles and those frozen foods. Hooray. Yes! I encourage my husband to cook healthier meals since our rented space is closer to wet market. I can or he can always drop by before going home. Saves us a lot as well. Imagine a can of corned beef nowadays. We can always substitute it with cooked veggies with the same price.

I guess, those have helped me achieve my 53kilos this day. Yes! I even got beyond my target of 54 kilos. And though Christmas is around the corner, I may as well behave as I was in the past 11 months. Working on my next goal of 51 kilos at the end of 2015. That is if i am not going to be pregnant for our second child. :)

Happy Holidays! :) Happy Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment