Monday, December 8, 2014

Financial Goals - What It Takes to Achieve?

My interest for income and family protection rooted when I entered family life. Having a baby in the family has given future things to worry about. Woa... So this is it. A life depending on me until she is able to provide herself a living on her own. And what if I got terminated from my current job? What if i can't no longer work? What if something happened to me accidentally? (Morbid thoughts) And so many other what ifs. What will gonna happen to my child?

So many questions that I have stumbled in so many readings. And oh boy, I am so late with all the lessons I should have learned 10 years back. Yes, I am working for the past 10 years with no savings at all. Awwww... this reality hurt much.

But hey, the positive side is that at 33, I am now learning. I know, I know , I know. I am late. But still with determination and focus, I can do this.

I started this year, 2014, right. From my perspective. Here are the things I have done and been working on until the year ends.

1). Checked and reviewed my current situation - my bank accounts, current incomes, side lines, etc. This was last January, 2014. From my current situation, I know I have to do something to improve my current net worth.
2). Started listing down my goal at the start of the year. I listed 5 goals.An investment in a small time traditional business. A ride on on a current traditional business. Start building my emergency fund. What?!? You may say, but like I have told you, it never crossed my mind before. Start for two Variable Life Insurance.
3). I noted that the 6 goals are time-bounded. That I can achieve it this year. No Buts at the end. I have added notes on how to achieve each.
4). Posted it on in front of my PC so that every time I open my PC I got reminded of my goal and how to achieve it.
5). Check each every time, review and determine where I am.
6). Cross out what I have accomplished every time there is.
7). Review and amend some of the goals as needed.

And happy to say, that I am sticking with the plan. One traditional business started and earning good. Started paying for the 2 approved variable life insurance. Past 50% completed in my emergency fund. There are temptations everywhere and it takes a lot of energy to stay away from those new gadgets my friends have, those new clothes they were in the office, those starbucks coffee on their table, those mouth-watering foods in instagram, etc.

My only reward is, when I look into my portfolio quarterly, there are changes. :) I will continue to post my journey to financial freedom and awareness.

Note: Forgive my writing as I am not a good writer. I only write to express my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Pareho tayo, mas maayos ka ngang magsulat ng blog sa akin e & medyo late na rin ako nakapag-simula ng financial blog.
    Good thing naging outlet ko tong blog, maraming nag- aadvise at nag-eencourage kaya nagiging positive ang outlook ko sa buhay.
    Since then, dito ko na sinusulat ang mga goals ko.

    Wow, may business ka na pala at VUL ka na pala.
    Good luck & God bless Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True yan sis. And thanks a lot kasi anjan kayo to encourage me as well. Oo, maliit lang na rice retail store sa province. Yung VUL, retirement plan, sana matapos ko yung payment. :)

    ReplyDelete