Thursday, March 5, 2015

Breaking Away At The Moment

Two weekends ago, I was amazed by how my little child demonstrated perseverance into learning something new. Yes, looking at her from afar and just watching how she manages to go back and forth walking is something so wonderful for a mother like me. She sometimes loses her balance and then get up again and go the same routine. What caught me more smiling was when she was trying to reach a ball from the far end of the sofa. I watched her as she tries to reach it with her hand and fail several times. After many tries, I was anticipating for her to ask for my help but she didn't even glance at me. Instead, I saw her grab a teddy in the sofa and used it to pull the ball towards her and turned to me and said "Ketch" (for catch).

Funny how my little girl is teaching me a lot about all of these qualities. Her patience to get up every time she loses her balance from walking and running is remarkable. I know every kid in the world is actually like she is. Just unique paces. 

I know within myself that I should be childlike and not a childish at all. Having these certain treats - perseverance and determination, I know we can go along way with savings, sharing, and investing.
I admit, sometimes i am lax and most of the time, lagged behind with the care free attitude towards the future. Basically, my graph of motivation is fluctuating heavily as my emotions. Hormones they say. I get easily swayed and just completely dropped everything I have started eventually. Remember my expenses tracker?

As I watched my little girl move back and forth without her even looking at me and just continue her routine, even dances and raises her hand with a beaming smile on her lips, I thought how contented she is. How happy she is with her routine.

So maybe if I apply the same determination and perseverance to the other aspect of my life, I might end up with endless possibilities. As of the moment, I thought I have done so much with not much of results. I need more patience to look again. Fire up my desire to push me forward again. And if I encountered another dead end such as today, I can go back and examine where I went wrong.

Why did I say I am on a dead end today? I feel like I have exhausted so much of my effort and do not know if I can think more. To kill this immersing feeling, I decided to read a book. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. I must say it is a very good read.

I am determined to be a better person not just in my finances, our finances as a couple but also a better person in relationships whether it to be with my husband, my siblings, my in laws and other people. I wanted to persevere my personal goal as an individual and grow more spiritually.

I can do this. Baby step. I have started with finances and as of the moment, I can say though I am lax sometimes, my status is work in progress. A step forward still.

Just sharing. God Bless. Smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment