Sunday, October 25, 2015

Where We At Financially This 10th Month Of 2015?

This is actually an overdue blog entry. Why? Because, honestly, I am not actually ecstatic sharing the 3rd quarter's numbers. With my stock picks still in bloody red, almost all our aggressive investments portfolio are way beyond expectations. And we are still below our target by 2.20%.

Nonetheless, fund withdrawals is not an option at the moment. We will just have to let them sit for a little longer than anticipated and tries to continue adding up more. It's been a little difficult second half of the year, with the husband currently out of job and we are trying to live on a single salary. I am grateful though because it teaches us more about patience on how to deal with family finances.




I borrowed an amount from the emergency fund, in order to fund the house renovation of my parents. And I thought we can no longer add something into it after everything that happened. However, looking at the pie graph right now, at least we are able to add a little on top of it. The retirement fund is on a steady up pace since I have 10% of my salary being deducted by the company itself so I do not have to handle the money at all. Also, we have the regular subscription funds on some accounts so the automation is doing its job well.

Truth be told, it is actually getting more difficult to have a cash on hand at this time of the year, since my head is messing with so many Christmas gifts I wanted to get for my godchildren and family. All these accounts getting automated is leaving me a small take home amount every payday. Not to mentioned the annualized tax scheme that gives a surge on our tax as we approach the year end, put us to be more creative with budgeting.

When my husband went to the medical emergency which leads to his resignation as an employee, I have so many fears to face. Paano namin mapapagkasya ang sahod ko? Paano na ang milk, diapers, at water ng anak namin di ba? Fortunately, God is good all the time. He made us run into this phase of family lives so we can determine how well we can stretch our little of what we have to meet ends meet. 

At first, it was really difficult until we put a resolve to talk everything about it. And come to an agreement that we need to stay focus with our goal despite our current unconventional situation. Kaya naman pala. At kakayanin.

I have learned that I can have a mindset to always stay frugal and avoid unnecessary expenses when I have a goal in mind. Yung kahit na mainit ang panahon, pero dahil nanghihinayang ako sa 7.50 na pamasahe at pwede naman lakarin eh nilalakad ko na lang. Nagbibitbit na lang ako ng payong lagi. Ganun din ang ginagawa ko sa inuming tubig ng sa ganun hindi na ako mapapabili. 

A lot of things has changed since we started working our way to being financially free. And the reality is that, first, we have a goal in mind. The driver which keeps us focus and helps sustain the stamina to get up when we feel at lost or when the dead end is in sight. Second, the willingness to learn from every steps. Third, the commitment to stay align and working out the dream. Fourth,  the mindset to stay positive all the time. Of course, above all these is the trust to our Creator that He is solely the master to all of our plans.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Happy Sunday! God Bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment