Monday, October 26, 2015

I Applied for Smart Money Master Card

Having a sideline online business means that providing your customers a hassle free payment to you. And smart money is one preferred mode of payment for most of the buyers. There are millions of smart subscribers out there and having a smart money is a very convenient way to transact business.

What is Smart Money? See the definition provided in the smart website

(http://smart.com.ph/)

"SMART Money is an electronic wallet, similar to a bank account, that allows you to do bills payment, reload of airtime, and money transfers using a SMART Mobile phone. With the SMART Money MasterCard, you can also do ATM and debit card transactions."

I opted to apply for the instant card instead of the customize card which will take 2 to 3 weeks to claim. There are steps provided in the website on how to apply for Smart Money, but I went to Smart store nearest my place yesterday instead. My reason for doing so, is to further ask more information other than what were provided on the site.

I got there in the afternoon, and the store is actually jam packed with people queuing for customer service. It's Sunday, that is why. But, the good thing is that there is a separate representative who handles the processing of Smart Money application, so there is no need for me get in the long line.

I fill out the application form of the smart money in a short span. Submit it to the smart officer along with my one valid government issued ID and of course a SMART or TNT mobile number plus 100 pesos. Note that the name that should appear on the valid ID should be the same name you fill out the application form. This is because the women before me is presenting otherwise, and the officer in charge, requested for additional documents such as the marriage certificate.

My main purpose for the card is that for the buyers to be able to transfer their payments to me without the hassle of going through any 'padala' centers at a much lesser cost of transfer/padala. Also for me to be able to withdraw the payments made. With the master card, I can withdraw the available funds via BDO with only 5 pesos charge. For other ATM, the charge will be 15 pesos. Of course, the frugal in me will always choose the lesser charges.

For every fund transfer from the customer, I receive a message indicating that a fund has been transferred to my account. It is a good way to track immediately that payments were made so we can proceed with the packaging and shipment of the goods right away.

Just sharing. Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment