Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My First Buy This Year - Eye Glass




Husband and I made a trip to an ophthalmologist the other day after my work. However since I barely have 2 hours sleep the night before I was declined for consultation. We were asked to come back when my eyes have proper rest.

All I would like is to have my eyes checked up since lately I am having trouble reading using my current eyeglass on a normal reading position. Added to this is that I feel dizzy in front of my office desktop. More so, since I travel on a weekly basis, the discomfort I felt looking out the window of the bus. Although, the eyeglass still fits my long distance sight and still provide me clearer view, it just that, the one nearer is always blurry and gives me headache when I try to read. I thought maybe my eye grade soared up this time as the usual cases in the previous years.

Yesterday, we came back and I was admitted for eye check up. My eye grade is the same. So how come I am experiencing those I mentioned above?

I explain all these chief complaints to the ophthalmologist. I wasn't convince the first time so we've gotten second opinion on a different clinic. However, the findings are the same. And now I belong to 1 out 10 individuals, according to the doctor, who needs progressive eyeglass. This stage, the doctor said, which needed progressive reading eyeglass happened mostly to individuals over 40 years old and it struck me prematurely.

Main causes, as the doctor mentioned is my current nature of work - 8 hours in front of the PC screen. And age related. She mentioned that the exposure to UV damages and strains our eyes especially those coming from the PC screens and smart phones. She told me, she cannot ask me to stop working since it is what I do but I need this progressive eyeglass in order to protect my eyes from further damages. I asked if this can still be corrected. Sadly, she told me that there are no corrections at the moment. She asked me to have a semi-annual eye check up just to make sure everything is okay and to constantly wear my new eyeglass.

The eyeglass lens is pricey. And the frugal me refused initially since I can always remove my current eyeglass when I need to read on close range. However, after my husband further explained that this is something I need due to my line of work, I gave in. Good to know that my company health card will at least shoulder P2500 of the eyeglass amount. It lighten a bit and to this I am thankful. Overall, the cost is P5600 which left me paying the remaining P3100.




Last night, I was immersed into a deep thought just before I drifted to sleep, I made myself another goal - that is to take care of my eyes from here on because I still wanted to do/learn cross stitch when I get old. Hehehe. One of my life goals. So I need to religiously follow the doctor's advise. To eat more nutritious food for the eyes. To let my eyes gets enough rest. To slowly get away from PC screens and smart phones. And to finally meet my/our financial goals so I can change/shift career. It could be a full time housewife with businesses on the sides. I hope.


Photo source: www.adclinic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment