Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Financial Goals 2016

Here we go 2016. It was a financially difficult 2015, however, thank God, we got out of it alive and kicking. We have completed some of our set goals as reflected when I revisited my financial goals of 2015. Hurray! Few will be carried over for this year and I am positive 2016 will even be better. I can do this!

Back in November, I was already drafting my/our 2016 goals so I did have 2 months to think it over, review, revise, and plan on it. Ever since I learned the value of writing down goals and plans, I have been addicted to it that even small details of to do list becomes an integral part of my system. It is a fact that when numbers and letters are in black and white that I tend to become more responsible, committed, and driven to achieve the set goals.

Over the course of having these goals written and regularly checking on it, I sometimes become frustrated over the numbers. Mainly, for the reasons that it seems a few are not reachable or possible on a time being. Then, slowly, as I progress I learned to breakdown the details and take baby steps to each written dreams and ideas. Truly, an experience is the best teacher. Now, I am encourage and full of hope that I can accomplish my set financial goals of 2016.
  • Continue completing our 12 month emergency fund - As of this writing, we are at 90.93% completion rate.
  • Complete the 52 week Challenge for only 10 pesos in reverse - The purpose of this money challenge is for the Christmas Gifts/Shopping for this year.
  • Start building the Good Fund - I have learned about this fund while lurking on a forum. This good fund is for those friends and relatives who would borrow money. Hey, I do not encourage friends and relatives of borrowing money, but I am realistic enough that there are actually times, when they come and ask for help. And when I can help, why not?
  • Open SB Peso Bond - This was one of the failed goal of 2015, so now I am targeting to subscribe on this on December 2016 once I have completed the 12 month savings challenge I read from a personal finance blogger. It starts with January of 200 pesos only and adding 200 each month until December.
  • Open ALFM Money Market Fund - March 2016 - I mentioned this on a previous blog that husband and I wanted to open an ALFM Money Market Fund but when we inquired about it, subscription was closed. I will try again to inquire about this 5k minimum initial investment. Where will I get the money? Our company will give a bonus by end of February and I am allotting an amount for this investment.
  • Open Philequity Fund - Like I said in my previous blog, I need to have my due diligence in studying this fund on a separate manner. I will not be opening an account via COL this time due to the implemented charges when funding the COL account via BPI or BDO. I will see about this.
These are all for now and will update these goals at the end of the year again. I hope to accomplish everything on these. I know, for sure, that as the leaf of the month fall away, there may be little changes that will be taking place. I will write it down then. Add to these. Revise when necessary. And enjoy the journey to working on our dreams.



God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment