Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Lessons Learned

In all honesty, I have so many things I wanted to do so that I can make money out of it. However, I do not have all the talents in the world. Hehehe. I wish I can be jack of all trades, even though I am master of none. I wish to travel. I wish to paint.  I wish to sing. I wish to write a romantic novel. I wish to do cross stitch. I wish to draw. I wish to do photography. I wish for so many things. But I know within myself, those are all wishful thinking. Because I am not creative at all. So how can I draw? How can I paint? How can I take photos?

It was long before, I come to realize that I can not be those I wish for because God has given me my own set of abilities and capabilities to hone.  He gave me a job which compensates good enough for the family permitting me to travel weekly so I can see my little girl. He blessed me with a loving husband to whom I share the paintings of my life. And a beautiful girl to whom I can sing whatever tune without her ever complaining and for her to listen to my story of love and princesses. He showers me with love and strong support from my family stitching me to become more unique individual knitted within the core of a what a family is. He makes me go through tough times to learn valuable lessons of life where photograph enough can't ever explain.

And to this I am grateful.

When I was young, I collected empty bottles and plastics so I could sell. Put those coins in my bamboo coin bank. To this date, I still do the same. Once, I/We have collected at least 2 sacks of empty bottles and plastic containers, I or my husband sells it to the nearest junk shop. The money is either use to purchase snacks or anything needed at home such as light bulbs or trash bags or trash cans. Usually, the selling happens every quarter of the year and I think it is helpful.

Even before, I tried a small lending biz to my previous office mates. Only, it did not prosper. I even tried joining networking selling supplements. Same thing happened. I started and then let go of e-loading business too. I sell basic commodities before and after a while gave up. For too many reasons I cannot understand before why it all failed. All those while, I thought entrepreneurship is not a thing for me. But, now I realize I was not equipped with the know how, the knowledge, the right emotions, perspective, and even the expectations for myself as the reasons why it all went to nothing

So some things can be learn in the process of looking within oneself pala. Right now, I am on e-loading business for a couple of years now. It is just a small income because all my present office mates are on post paid plans so my market is mainly for those in the province.

And I am back to selling. Selling clothes online and offline.

Started the rice business couple of years now with my father's management. It is doing good so far.

So it's true, after so many failures, I can always start anew. I just have to find my niche. I just need to be prepare.  And I can always learn something new. The world is full of opportunities waiting for me to discover. All I have to do is to be keen enough to know the difference.

Right now, I am thinking, "Should I go try being a financial adviser?" Hahaha. I've been the "go to" person now in the office when it comes to all sorts of personal finance inquiry. I was even able to pass some insurance clients to my agent. And so many times been told by different people to make a part time career out of it. Let's see. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ako rin hindi creative & pati sa business mukhang wala ko talent pero ang interest ko lagi nasa money matters/issues. Ganun, talaga we all have different talents. We've studied about Multiple Intelligence theory sa school & dun ko lang nalaman kung san talaga ako.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaya nga sobrang hanga ako dun sa karamihan na ang daming talents, like baking, cooking... Ang gandang magventure sa business kapag ganun. Yun lang effort talaga at lakas ng loob. Thank you for always dropping by Miss Grace. :)

      Delete
  2. "I was even able to pass some insurance clients to my agent. And so many times been told by different people to make a part time career out of it. Let's see. ;) " --> you really should, ma'am! it seems like something you're passionate about. g'luck with that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your encouragement and for dropping by. Right now, I have to think a hundred times about it. I am a little bit scared. It is of greater responsibility, I think. And truth is, I have to be emotionally ready. Currently, I am enjoying giving free insights on personal finance to friends and office mates. :)

    ReplyDelete