Thursday, August 20, 2015

Some Other Options

I am happy to say that finally my parents have moved in the newly built house on May 2, 2015. A day earlier than what was planned. And I get to blog it just now. So this means that this is a long over due post. Hehehe.
 
Yet, nothing is more rewarding than seeing happy faces from my parents. Because truth is, we have lived in a house that has been patched all over with no rooms or divisions or whatever - just living room/dining area/sleeping area. Everything on it.
 
And I am grateful to the One up above for making it possible. Although, it has gone beyond the estimated budget, still He is able to provide us the needed extra cash to at least complete the basic concept of the house. Remember I borrow an amount from our Emergency Fund. Still missing bathroom, but we can still use the same old bathroom of the old house. When we have extra cash in the future, then we can build the bathroom area. For the meantime, it is use as storage area.
 
So, while saving for the bathroom area, I am looking for new income resources to augment our present cash flow. Or should I say investments. We've been living frugally, and I am not complaining at all. It takes a lot of discipline to do so, and incorporating it to our life style is even better. As we come to realize that we may have re-aligned some,  still there are more areas of financial handling that we need to polish.
 
While I am combing options for other income resources or investments, I should say, I came across so many options I can take on such as having a business. Unfortunately, from what I read, I still do not qualify specifically on any junior entrepreneur level just yet. I still have so many things to learn. But of course, I do wanted to have a diversified portfolio specially now that all my stocks portfolio are in red.

And since, I am not yet fully equipped to dive in to the traditional business level, I am slashing out for the meantime my goal to start a business this year. What I did is to look for more options on mutual funds and unit investment trust funds. At the moment, I do have the Sunlife Prosperity Fund equally divided into equity and balanced fund and the BDO Easy Investment Plan (Equity). For the joint account, we have the BPI High Dividend Equity Fund which was just started recently.

Since most of them are on the aggressive-investing-mode, we decided to place a part of our emergency part to the ALFM money market fund. Unfortunately, the bank personnel advise that at the moment, this is not being offered and are currently waiting for the go signal to proceed. The same is true with the ALFM growth fund. So, instead we got ourselves the BPI short term fund with monthly subscription. This is more of a conservative type and with no holding period which I think is perfect for the emergency fund. Liquidity is also fine.

While we are filling up the form the other day, an elderly woman just approached the bank personnel while we are still being catered. She looks a little tense so the bank personnel asked her what she needs. And directly she requested that she would like to withdraw a portion of her ALFM fund. I do not have so much details of it since, it is inappropriate to eavesdrop. The bank personnel handed her a form and she was able to sign it up as soon as I could process my thoughts.

Sayang. We didn't get the chance to open up an ALFM Fund. But I guess, that is intended for another time. Anyway, the money we have invested for this is the earnings we get from another source of income. Indeed, there is another option to save and invest despite the fact that we are on a tight budget with the husband in between jobs.
 
I am not losing hope though. We have options. And that matters. Because we can still  make a choice on what we want.

Just sharing. God Bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment