Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Starter - How Is the Journey?

The journey to financial freedom has been both liberating and agonizing at the same time. More of difficult actually for a starter like me. Hahaha. I have been faced with so many situations wherein it is somewhat embarrassing, humbling, and sometimes mix with all emotions.
 
For several occasions, I come across with few acquaintances who would look down on the phone I used. Yes, one of the few experiences where I felt my face flushed in pink. Some would even suggest that I go buy a new phone. Others would flash their new phones and its features.
 
There are also times when I have to turn down some invites because basically I do not want to spend. Mind that those invites which I need to turn down are those which requires me to spend. Specially right now, that we are on a very tight budget. I wanted to but I have to think that I am going to ruin the allotted budget. And once it is ruin, it is very difficult to get back on track. Catching up is another process that I need to include in the daily routine and needs additional special attention.
 
I have to sacrifice a few things too. Like my favorite sansrival. Hahaha. Yes, the sweet tooth in me is enjoying this treat. But I have opted for more bananas and avocado since these are in season at this time.
 
Lately, I have been visiting a lot my meager closet possessions and I have noticed that I still have a few clothes I haven't worn since the time I bought them. Since I haven't bought anything new for me since 2014 with regards to blouses, pants, or dresses, these has given me a feeling of relief. Plus, it's a good thing that I am now able to wear some of my pre baby clothes. I still do not see in the very near future that I would go shopping for myself and splurging a little for myself. I still need to complete a few more goals for this year and we are about in the middle of third quarter. How time flies. Not yet, I am always reminding myself. Hey, I really do not mind wearing the same clothes over and over again as long as I am comfortable with it and looks decent to me.
 
And again, at the end of the day when I am left alone in my solitude, I am gratified with everything I have.  Not so much nor not so little. Just the basic I need on a daily basis. And I thank God for everything.
 

2 comments:

  1. I also have older/dinosaur version of mobile phone. Dati Nokia pa ang cellphone ko na may keypad. Naawa na lang yung boyfriend ko kaya binigay nya sa akin yung touch screen phone nya. Haha. Minsan natetempt akong bumili ng latest model ng phon yun nga lang mas matimbang ang kakuriputan ko at yung pagsasave ng pera for emergency fund! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Mas matimbang ang makaipon ngayon. Akala nga minsan nung iba hindi na nagana yung phone ko. Nokia rin phone ko na super old na. Hahaha. I bought it for buy 1 take 1 way back 2007 pa. Nokia 1110 na color blue. :) Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete