Friday, May 8, 2015

Few Simple Tricks I Do To Save - Part 2

As I promised, I am sharing the Part 2 of my simple tricks to save more. These are my way to be able to at least stretch what we have.

As  part of me not wanting to spend in the salon or spa, I started to learn how to make my eyebrow line as well. Youtube is a very helpful source of do it yourself. So I do not need to go to the parlor to have it threaded. Saves me a few hundreds as well.

I also carry my water bottle anywhere especially when I have to travel every rest days. Saves me from buying bottled water with added cost at the bus stations. Not just I don't spend, it also helps our  mother earth.

Coffee addict? Yes, I do. I can gulped 4 cups a day before. But now, since I lessened the coffee intake due to hyperacidity, I am having  at least a cup of free coffee in the office. Why not? Right? It's free.

I have exchanged paper bills to 25 cents. Call me super kuripot, but honestly, those jeep drivers don't give the exact change. The other day nga, yung ale sa tapat ko nagbayad for 2, 20 paper bill yung pera niya, sinuklian siya ng 4 pesos, sabi nung Ale, "Kulang sukli" nagalit pa yung driver. Seriously? I know naman na they have needs, same din naman tayo, meron din tayong pinaglalaanan di ba? Kaya exact fare lang talaga binabayad ko. I can't complete a hundred without a 50 cents.

I am not sure if this works for some others. But to me this is working, I have this free membership card for a supermarket in the metro and whenever we do our grocery, we would swipe it for points. Last year, I was able to save 700pesos for the grocery since I pay with points. Last month, I was able to use the points again, 200pesos to be exact since I only bought 2 liters of oil, packed soy sauce and vinegar. It helps, right?

In the province, yes, I have  this free membership card as well for a local supermarket, and from the last time I check, I already have 700pesos ready for check from the points or I can swipe to pay with the points. Not bad. This is aside from the discounts we have from some items under the senior citizen ID of my mother.

And yes, I still own a credit card like I mention before, it has this promotion for last month and this month, where if we meet a certain amount, I can have either a free chowking or greenwich meal. Not bad either, I already have 4 ready to redeem. But I am thinking of redeeming each when I do not have a packed lunch. Saves me a free lunch.

As we are try to live a frugal lifestyle, husband and I, we try to stretch our income as employees to the family needs. All other sources of income goes to investment. It's money making money. Though it is still a very few amount, I am thankful we are able to save at least. Gives us a little peace of mind.

Just sharing. God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment