Wednesday, April 24, 2019

SMC Fixed-Rate Bonds Subscription

I haven't recovered yet. I am sulking over this job I have right now and been harboring this ill-feeling towards it in a longer time I never thought of. Truth is, I am careful. Thinking and weighing it over and over again. And constantly praying for His guidance.

I  feel it is getting difficult as the days pass by. No matter how I re frame my thoughts, I'd wake up to the same feeling and always getting myself on the verge of tearing up each time it crosses my mind.

Why is it this difficult to decide? Why is it really hard to let it pass?

I am fully aware that my current salary makes our lives a little comfortable than before but I am really exhausted. I dread the time I have to go to work. I feel anxiety just by entering the building. And I no longer feel the warmth of it.

I know I am lucky and blessed to receive an above the average salary. But you see, money is not everything. There is still that empty part of me, longing for time I wanted to spend doing my 'things'. These 'things' won't bring food on the table though. Torn.

The job hunting continues as I am thinking I needed a new environment to breathe. Maybe to find a job that I am more passionate about. I really don't know yet. But as of this writing, all I received in my email is the thank you note. Still, I am patiently waiting for what's in store for me.

Okay, I was side tracked. But thank you for reading up to this point.



The main topic of this post is our subscription to San Miguel Corporation Fixed-Rate Bonds. SMC offered a series of fixed rate bonds good for 3 years, 5 years, and 7 years. Please read the following article for details:

https://www.esquiremag.ph/money/smc-global-power-holdings-corp-fixed-rate-bonds-a00287-20190411

Initially, we went to the BPI branch were we have a joint account opened to subscribe. After an hour of waiting in line in the customer service queue, we were told that all they no longer accepts subscription as their allotted portion of the subscription has been fully reserved. Also, it will help if we have the phone number of the bank so we could have called up earlier to reserve a slot.

We then try to Security Bank nearby. Luckily, they still have the 3 year Series H bonds available. We immediately filled up all the necessary papers and deposited the planned amount. Glad of these times that we have another joint account in a separate bank.

Although the bank has our credentials, they need to update it with our personal information. They required us to produce 2 valid IDs and verified our TIN numbers are correct in their records. There is no need to photocopy those IDs as they can now photocopy it themselves.

It took us only 30 minutes to accomplish everything. The amount was debited from our joint account. We will be waiting for at least 2 to 3 months for the hard copy of signed documents.

I know that the rate is only 6.8350%. But this is better than having the money sits in the bank for 0.50% annually with a 20% tax.

Maybe when I will be in between jobs, I could be better of studying more investment strategies. Right now, we are contented with whatever small amount our money is earning.

While we wait for the next available investment offer, we continue to save.







No comments:

Post a Comment