Wednesday, March 22, 2017

On Crocheting, Online Shop and the first Quarter of 2017 Finances

I had the most busy first quarter of the year. I have been learning a lot on crocheting and have been starting and finishing most projects I wanted to make. Anyhow, I wish I am more faster in crocheting itself than hoarding yarns and collecting patterns for future use. But, geez, I am really enjoying this hobby.
~ Anonymous cto from Facebook

I did refurbish some old clothes so my little girl can use it. These clothes no longer fits the bigger me. Like, really, it's really difficult to lose my weight right now. But I am steady at my current weight of 53kg. And no, I don't buy new clothes for me. Some of my clothes still fits and there were some gifts from relatives which just needed adjustments.

@sophidclothing on IG

@sophidclothing on IG

Also, I started a corner to corner crochet of a bear. Pattern was from Repeat Crafter Me. Also, I made the messy bun hat for my cousin in law and nieces who visited the Philippines this month. It's my first time seeing them so I just wish that it fits them. Pattern also from Repeat Crafter Me. I am a fan of Sarah's works.
Not yet finish c2c. Yes, been doing projects in between. :)

All these were made from a local hand dyed cotton yarns of Buffy Sibayan (Find her on facebook @looneylooms). You know what, I have been lurking for the longest time from all these local yarn winders and hand dyers and I am prettily satisfied with the softness of the cotton yarns. I am really in love with cottons. The tropical weather in the Philippines really do not match the use of acrylic yarns. Thus, since I make wearables for my daughter and gifts for friends, I opted for the cotton threads and yarns.

Cellphone pouch I made with zipper and flap

I still have some work in progress such as a  poncho, a virus shawl and a circular vest. Hopes that I can post it as well, no matter how bad I am in photography. Teehee. And though not all are perfect yet, I still love it.

Like I said I am busy too with the online shop. It's going to be summer in a few days here and people are going to beaches or having vacations. They needed all these stuffs for summer getaways. So yea, orders are coming up fast for swim wears. Please follow our instagram account @sophiadclothing for all this cool, wonderful, and affordable swim wears and accessories. And more on our facebook page @sophiadfashion.(shameless plug... hehehe)

I couldn't be more happier to announce as well, that we are no longer living on a single salary. Yes, the husband found a higher paying job. Yey!

Now, what I am trying to accomplish is living on my half a month salary. Yes! I wanted to be discipline enough to save/invest the other half of the month salary. I hope I can make it. I have been studying this for months and since the husband was in between jobs before, that was not possible. But I hope, this time, it will materialize.

So this is all I have at the moment. Enjoy your Wednesday, lovelies! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment