Monday, December 19, 2016

Time Management - My Own Version

"We all have 24 hours a day. And it is up to us how to manage it to be able to make use of it productively and efficiently. Honestly, there are a lot of times when I feel lazy, with just lying in bed and daydreaming. Some times I am glued with the ipad playing games such as the never ending saga of candy crush, blitz, and soda crush. There are times, I am super engrossed with the book I am reading or watching movies."

Those were the exact words on my draft for a long period of time. And while I was checking for more drafts in the list, it brought me to start writing. I am feeling a little bit off today and I just do not know the reason why. I called everyone and ask how are they. But I still feel the same way. I stop and pray and finally has an urge to open this blog. It has been such a long time or so I thought.

Anyway, the words above no longer reflects of who I am today. I no longer play games in Ipad nor watch movies on my free time. I am able to watch movies during a long trip going back and fort to the province. More than that, my time is devoted to some other things like the online shop or crocheting. Of course, aside from mama duties and the likes.
New Crocheted Hair Clips


Headband with crocheted little stars

It has become a part of me to make myself feel accomplished every single day. I have even thought that I need more hours than just 24 hours a day because I felt like I have so many things to do. But in reality, all I need is time management. And delegation.

I still have so many things to learn when it comes to managing my time. But right now, writing down those to-dos help a lot survived the daily work and life balance. And dropping everything aside for my little girl or for my family.

At one point in my life, I thought that working and earning for a living is something as important as everything but a few months ago, my realization kicks in. Yes, I have to earn for my little girl, my family, and my extended family but I do not need to deprive them my time for a quality bonding together. Nothing beats the feeling of fulfillment and accomplishment when I hear my little girl's laughter and she's having a good time with me, no matter how deadbeat tired I am.

It goes to show I am just a human being and my body needs enough rest to become a fully productive individual. When I am not fully rested, every unwelcome turn of events frustrates me. And it really affects my relationship with everyone around. Never mind having no set of regular Wednesday friends. I have come to accept that a long time ago. But for my current co-workers to see my exasperation and for my husband to bear my foul mood all day, that's a different thing.

Good thing, I am now learning to delegate some task of the online shop to my husband. Also, I was able to find some people who are willing to sell my online shop stuffs. It has unloaded some of those works that I should be doing each day.

Okay, please do not mind my hobby right now - crocheting. Because it is really a stress buster for me. I get a chance to show a little bit of my creativity even though it consumes so much time. Nonetheless, I am a little faster crocheter these days than when I started. Only that, I schedule my time for crocheting for only thrice a week with at least 2 hours. So that makes me a slow as snail when it comes to project completion. Still, I am proud of myself to what I have accomplished today compared to the person who started writing that topmost paragraph.

It's good I get to see a glimpse of what I am yesterday through this post. Because, honestly, I don't have a regular journal entry.

Note: I didn't change the subject line from the draft even though the thought is no longer there. ;)

Just sharing. :)

Follow us on IG @sophiadclothing
Like us on facebook @sophiadfashion

No comments:

Post a Comment