Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Last Quarter of 2016 Life's Update

As some may have notice (feeling lang, hehehe), I haven't had any entry for the past months. I have my attention diverted to some other things in life that has gotten most of my precious time. And as I could summarize my life this 2016 - I am a dream catcher!

Yes!

Because I began filling my life with my childhood dreams. I think, for me - it's actually a smart move because I began to see myself catching more of my dreams in the very near future. And I thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to fulfill all these and for some more.

During my high school days, I have written short stories (yes, madaming short stories yun) which was purely rooted from imagination and at this time of writing, some pages were now missing when my parents house was renovated last year. Although, I am not very good with story telling, I wish to hone my skills with writing again. And the first draft I wrote this year with the target of 3 stories has been done in a hasty mode since I just write in the office during break time. I hope to write one again with enough time to proofread before publishing. *fingers crossed*

I started to crochet. Yey. I never imagined that I can make something out of crochet. This craft was never thought in our elementary and high school's economics subjects. What were thought were cooking (which I never learned anyway), cross stitching, and embroidery. I followed steps in Youtube as a starter back in April and gradually learned to read patterns. It's an amazing journey of learning something new. Now, I can make hair clips, head band's designs, coin purses, pencil cases, clutches, shrugs, and beanies. Although it requires a lot of time and patience to complete one project, it is rewarding and fulfilling as well when a project is completed. And yes, I sell finished crochet products too.See my samples below. ♥♥♥

Beanie

Hair Clips

Beanie

A Rose

Little Stars for Headband

Barret Hair Clips

The online shop is doing well. But the courier services are driving me nuts lately. It's just early December and they are always delayed with so many excuses in delivery. So, I have temporarily closed the shop this first week of December to avoid the stress and hassles of all these.

It wasn't a smooth first year for the online shop but I believe on it and its earnings is not bad at all. Selling dry goods is still a good way to earn a decent income with the money already visible in your hands.

So, I did a quick review the other day with our finances and we are no nearer to our target of our next million. The progress is a little slow this year. And hoping that the following year is much more better than this year when it comes to our income. So many things had happened which I cannot divulge in this blog. But a slow progress is better than nothing at all. I am still  the same frugal person of 2015 or maybe much better because it is now ingrained in my system. I still practice the same tips and I hope to continue going forward.

Yan lang. Hehehe. Not much right? Just sharing. God Bless Us all! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great to hear ur online business is doing well & ur gantsilyo products are cute. Thumbs up ako sa tyaga mo sis, yan ang wala ako at medyo bumibigay ang mata ko ngayon. God Bless sis.

    ReplyDelete