Tuesday, September 15, 2015

On Hold

Here comes the 'ber' months, and has been almost 3 months since we are living on a single salary. Right now, we are on a very tight budget with fitting everything on a single salary in order not to touch yet the emergency fund we continuously tries to fill in as well.
 
Honestly, since then, only a small portion of our income is going to savings and investments. However, I am even more grateful for this situation as this is another instrument testing us to properly determine the needs and wants of the family, giving in or up on an indulgence, and the discipline to say 'no' for a few invites and borrowers.
 
I have set aside for the meantime my plans to open up the Security Bank UITF as well as the Philequity fund. 'On Hold' is what I labeled the two. Initially, I was a little frustrated knowing that my 2015 plans will all not be completed in comparison with the 2014 financial goals wherein I was able to accomplish at the beginning of fourth quarter.
 
When I thought of a hanging list of tasks for the past weeks, and of being in denial for the first couple of weeks, it gets into me a lot. I then, diverted my attention to a lot of reading trying to calm myself and breath. Hehehe.
 
Finally, I come to accept the fact that I may not be able to slash out most of my 2015 financial goals at the end of this year, still I made a step forward and progress further from last year. And that's all that matters at this moment. 
 
I guess, these unforeseen events are what exactly the reason for having the other 25 letters of the alphabet, right? It presented itself in front of me. All I have to do is breath, think, and device new ways to meet these dreams.
 
And so I continue to read more about personal finance as well as couple finance. When I thought of I know almost a lot of the contents of a finance article, at one point or another, I still am able to find new tips and ideas from each and tries to apply and execute it in dealing with our finances. It is a continuous learning for us. Other than that, since I have always been fascinated to the world history, this is what currently I am spending time about.
 
Just sharing. God Bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment