Sunday, January 14, 2018

What Is a Better Way of Living?

The idea of retiring early is not yet included in our topic as husband and wife. Although,  I often mentioned that I wanted to become a stay at home wife to my husband. Yet our wavelength is not yet in sync with the end results.

I am thinking that if I can prove that we can live on 50% of my current salary right now, then maybe, I can sway him a bit. I have been sending him the blogs I've been reading but his idea is for both of us to continue working so we can have a better life.

While I was walking after work yesterday, it dawned me then, what is a better life for us? And I wonder if I can bring the idea to him and define the better life he wanted for us.

Because for me, I am looking into defining it with being able to be free from stress on bills, having more quality time with them, nurturing the friendship with what were left, cultivating and learning new skills, spending less, more functional home items, personal development, and only working when I wanted.
Lately, I know I do not want a bigger house because if I have then definitely I will be filling it up with more furniture and so many things which in the long run were no longer of use. This explains why I am giving up some more of my closet items. Once I get the chance I will be opening up a couple more bags of these clothes and will finally had to let go.

Since 2015, I had been very conscious in buying new apparels although I sell clothes as a side hustle. If there are added new blouse or pants, that is because they were gifts. I try in as much as possible to be conscious with my weight so that I will not find the need to buy bigger clothes sizes. So far, I am getting used to it. If you know me, what I wore in 2010, still fits until today. Some clothes already shows its age but I really do not mind as long as it is still presentable to me. I am glad I love loose clothes before thus explaining why it still fits until these days. That's 7 years already and I could say that they are now more than worth the amount I had used to buy them.

Being not shown with new clothes on every occasion, I guess that helps build that I do not need something new every time someone invited me out on a dinner. If you will check my Facebook, you will probably be able to identify how many times I wore a t-shirt on any gatherings I have attended. But like I said, I do not mind.

I can eat scrambled egg or boiled egg for lunch. Even steam okra or eggplant and fish sauce. Even it is a repetitive choice of meals, I am fine with it.

I think I can live with less. But then, how will I know? Maybe, if I can convince the husband that this is a better way of living than almost always conforming with the current flow, I can have it. Right now, this is one of my dreams.

Right now, I have to be contented with what I have and focus on improving and developing ways to accomplish that. I have to live one day at a time.

In the future, my estimate is 9 years from now, that dream is already into fruition. I wish to go back to this entry and edit with see the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment