Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May - Spending Less and Less

It's June. Start of the school for all these students. How I missed being a student. I go to school with baon. And though I have to budget it well for the week, still bigay pa rin yun. I don't earned it. Sarap ng buhay studyante.
 
I have tried part time jobs during college para me pandagdag sa baon. And it helped a lot during those times. Most of the time too, coffee was then a good company. Aside from the fact na malamig sa Baguio, I add rice with the coffee and voila, a meal na. Minsan, me tuyo, okey na okey na. Those were the days.
 
Now that I am working, I still do that once in a while. Kape at kaning lamig. Merienda kung wala talaga. Or sadyang namimiss ko lang talaga. Simple living. :)
 
Ayan,nakwento ulit, but it came to me na one of the reason behind of who I am today is what the past had taught me.  And as the month of May went by again as swift as April, I haven't bought anything again for myself. I guess, since I was able to do all these for the year 2014, it is no longer very difficult for me to ignore mall sales or even hanging out in the mall and not buying anything at all. I am now more mindful with swiping the card or my thinking if I really need an item or not. Or the thought na pwede pa naman yung gamit ko ngayon, why buy a new one na naman? Or my thinking na, I am saving for something bigger at nakabudget na ang pera ko. I can clearly say, it is now incorporated in my system. What I need to know and learn is to perfectly polish it more and be an example to my little girl.
 
Now that I am a little bit confident on that area, I am thinking of shifting my focus on eating out budget for that matter. I don't dine out when I am alone. But together with my husband and his family, we often lunched out when we are on their place. It was like a hard habit to break now since we are always out since April. Although, wala naman akong nilalabas na pera, still, I think, it is not a good idea of doing it a lot. Nanghihinayang pa rin ako sa 700 to 800 pesos for the 5 of us na minsang kainan lang. Although, the experiences are actually good. We get to eat out together and on different dining places just to try each specialties, still as I look into it, sayang pa rin.
 
Pero minsan, napapaisip din ako, hahaha. My father in law often said kapag kinonkontra namin, "O sige kainin nyo yang 700 pesos na papel versus the experience na kumain ng masarap". Hahaha. Sabagay, when it is not actually hurting your financial status, why not di ba? But when it is katulad ng sa aming small family, isipin din munang mabuti. There are other alternatives naman to experience one like perfecting the recipe at home. Or ipon muna at kapag kurot na lang sa savings mo yun, why not right? Wala namang masama kumain ng kumain sa labas as long as hindi nakaswipe sa card, hindi utang, at higit sa lahat, hindi affected ang savings at investments.
 
Thus, in the coming months, my addition to this monthly spending less and less is the trim down of eating out. I will try my best to influence the husband and my in laws to stay at home, cook and just relax. With the sister in laws about to come home by the end of June from oversea, at least this early part of June, I should be able to make it successful.
 
Good vibes. God Bless. :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It's better to cook than to eat out. It's more fun and and more tipid and mas masarap pa (yabang ko lol). But from time to time, we also eat out...just for the experience. I also try to cook "restaurant style" food. Pag may natikman akong masarap, ginagaya ko. I google the recipe.
    Btw, I really like your blog. It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at mas maraming servings kapag tayo ang nagluto. :)Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete